You have served your country, now we hope this powerful mortgage product will serve you to make the dream of home-ownership a reality.
The Operation Welcome Home mortgage program supports veterans, active-duty military, members of the Reserves and National Guard, and Gold Star Families in achieving the dream of home ownership.
The program combines a traditional Mass Housing Mortgage loan with a deferred down payment and/or closing cost assistance loan.
To qualify for an Operation Welcome Home loan, you must
- Be an active duty military member; Veteran who served honorably; member of the Reserves or National Guard; or a Gold Star Family member
- Be a first time home buyer
- Purchase a 1- to 3-family property in Massachusetts (including condominiums)
- Meet income and loan limits
- Competitive, fixed interest rates with flexible credit and qualifying requirements
- A deferred down payment or closing cost assistance loan option for eligible borrowers
- Borrower or lender paid mortgage insurance options are available
- Loans insured by MassHousing feature MIPlus™ Mortgage Payment Protection benefit, which helps repay your loan if you are deployed or lose your job, or for Reservists and National Guard Members called to active duty
- Rehabilitation option is available
- No Residual Income test used to qualify
- Non-Spouse Co-Borrowers allowed
- Projected Rental Income used to qualify
- Payments are made directly to Mass-Housing in Boston
- Condos follow Fannie Mae Guidelines, not FHA/VA
This program is a 97% loan at a 30 year fixed rate. It has a second mortgage of 3% that is deferred and no payments are required. This allows for 100% financing and has the No Mortgage Insurance option as well.
For more details about Operation Welcome Home call or email me anytime.